|Published||September 25, 2022|
Role and Responsibilities
CAE USA is seeking a multi-talented Software (SW) Engineer with significant experience working with Unreal Engine to join our Research and Product development team in Arlington, Texas. This team consists of 3D artists, SW engineers, UI developers and game engine developers that create innovative 3D training solutions for desktop presentation, AR, VR and flight simulation. This position will focus on developing PC and VR training solutions in Unreal Engine 4/5. Our product line develops and integrates 3D digital twins of commercial and military platforms into a highly immersive and interactive experience at extreme levels of visual fidelity.
This is a hands-on software engineering position in our Common Training Environment (CTE) group. Our CTE group is responsible for development and delivery of discriminating total training solutions, including CAE's HD World next generation simulation product line that provides war fighters with exceptionally realistic and relevant training for combat and peace keeping missions. HD World products include: SimuSphere HD immersive visual display system, SimuView/SimuViewÆ image generator system, PBEG physics-based environment generator, and World Content Database Generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Apply computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application
* Work closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
* Support and participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test.
* Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
* Utilize a variety of software languages (i.e., C++, C#, Java, Python) on Windows, Linux, and mobile platforms and apply these technologies to the AR, VR, gaming, and mobile computing domains.
* Implementing, debugging and optimizing training applications and products using Unreal Engine with Blueprints and C++.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or a related field
* 5-8 years of engineering experience with UE 4/5 with strong understanding of all aspects of the UE Editor, Blueprint System and Engine.
* Solid C++ skills with an ability to modify/customize/build engine source code
* Experience with Visual Studio
* Experience with converting UE blueprints to C++
* Experience with Unreal Engine Developer
* Strong skills in building, debugging, and supporting complex solutions in Unreal Engine 4/5
* Fluency in English
* Possess a thorough understanding of real-time rendering workflows, as well as a strong understanding of Python and C++. Experience with developing UE plugins
* Experience in AR/VR and optimizing UE solutions for performance in VR
* Experience with multi-player game and VR experiences developing using UE.
* Experience with Unreal build process and packaging
* Experience with SW development processes (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, SAFe) and configuration control (e.g. Git, Perforce)
* Exposure and/or experience with Graph Database technologies
* Experience with system architectures/infrastructure and inter-process communications (e.g. Web Sockets, UDP, DDS … etc.)
Must comply?with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures.? Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval.? All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
As part of Executive Order 14042, you may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. CAE USA will consider employee requests for exemptions to the vaccination requirements based on medical/disability or sincerely held religious beliefs. All requests will be reviewed in accordance with applicable laws and must be approved by CAE USA prior to employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.