Senior Producer, Games and VR
|Published||March 2, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
The Major League Baseball Games and VR Group designs, develops, and manages a portfolio of high-quality products including console and mobile games, real-time data visualization, VR/AR experiences, and more.
The Games and VR Senior Producer has a great interest in and experience with console and mobile games, ideally focusing on major league sports. Our Senior Producers lead internal/external development on Major League Baseball gaming and 3D data visualization products and features, as well as ensure product quality, manage staff, and hit deadlines. In addition, the Senior Producer defines both the production strategy and roadmap plan for their products.
* Manage the development of various size projects throughout each phase of the game production and live operations process with oversight at key milestones and product reviews.
* Act as a primary liaison by leading and coordinating efforts multiple disciplines such as Development, Art, Audio, Animation, Design, and QA, in order to fulfill project goals and objectives
* Work with Stakeholders to define project scope and deliverables that support business goals
* Oversee the coordination and validation of MLB logos and assets - cultivating MLB brand for gaming community
* Drive the decision-making progress on product features by providing feedback to feature design, organizing the testing early iterations to provide early data used for game balancing
* Track project milestones and deliverables. Report progress, risks and issues on the project to key stakeholders
* Manage and track project tasks; ensuring schedules are maintained and adjusted when necessary
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Partner with key stakeholders to ensure that projects will be shipped with high quality
* Own the QA process - track and prioritize issues in a QA database, assign tasks to the team, and manage QA resources for a project
* Review data from analytics to guide decision making for post-launch product development and support
Required Skills and Experience:
* Passion for making & playing games
* Current on business trends in the gaming industry
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of five (5) years experience in mobile and/or game development and has been part of a team that has delivered at least two titles to market
* Experience with the full development cycle from concept development through launch and into live operations
* Strong knowledge of project management methodologies
Desired Skills and Experience
* Great understanding of the rules and culture of Major League Baseball
* Strong organizational, analytical, prioritization, and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in JIRA or other issue tracking database software
* Experience with the Unity Game engine
* Experience with 3D data visualization
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is ($130,000) to ($150,000).
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
California Residents: Have you reviewed our CCPA policy?
California Consumer Privacy Act Policy