|Date Posted||October 16, 2021|
Verisk specializes in software and technologies related to remote sensing - providing the world’s most comprehensive and cutting-edge remote sensed analytics and solutions.
Using the latest remote sensing and machine learning technologies, Verisk’s 3D Visual Intelligence team gathers, stores, processes, and delivers geographic and spatially referenced information used by many markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning. Property professionals can use the data to help determine scope of damage, discover hazards, assess risk, perform valuations, and much more. Our property analytics database supports a number of critical tools that protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more please visit https://verisk.com/geospatial
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, business managers, and QA to design, build, and maintain a sophisticated CAD (Computer Aided Design) application on desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Your ability to focus on details and passion for precision & accuracy will be instrumental to your success. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will make you effective in your role. You will be expected to continuously learn and implement best practices and new technologies.
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software development work experience
- Solid knowledge and ability to apply good software engineering principles.
- Excellent math skills, particularly those related to computational geometry and 3D modeling.
- Ability to create simple and well-designed solutions to complex software problems
- Hyper-focused on customers and their needs, with the ability to translate business requirements to technical solutions.
- Forward thinker that is passionate about innovation as well as a quick learner that thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can help our international partners which English is their second language.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail – Getting it right is our top priority.
- Ability to be a technical leader and mentor.
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience/Knowledge in any of these categories:
- 3D graphics, OpenGL, Augmented or Virtual Reality
- Angular or React Frameworks
- Machine Learning, Computer Vision
- Geospatial Data, Mapping, Aerial Imagery
- Construction/Roofing Industry
- Fluent in Spanish and background working in international environments where communication is vital for success.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.