|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2021|
Current WGU employees must submit an internal application before 05/06/2021 to be considered.
We are looking for a Learning Technology Analyst to help drive our online learning authoring and delivery technology roadmap to improve our ability to author at scale and provide outstanding learning experiences. This Analyst will play a critical role in identifying enhancements needed in our existing technologies as well as investigating, piloting, and implementing emerging learning technology solutions, tools and platforms. This Analyst will serve as a forward-looking authoring technologies subject matter expert for both the Program Development group and our technology development teams who are building new systems. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure our learning technology solutions are appropriate, aligned, and effective.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Consult with learning development teams on the leveraging existing learning technology solutions to expand their ability to meet multiple instructional needs
- Work with colleges and other departments to identify and document learning authoring needs that go beyond the capabilities of our existing technologies
- Consult on efforts to investigate, select, and implement new authoring technologies in support of department, college, and university strategies
- Monitor, review, and test new technologies for their support of learning authoring at scale
- Identify opportunities to enhance, automate, and integrate with internal platforms and partner with internal groups accordingly
- Consult with colleges, departments, and Product Managers on improving the learning experience enabled by existing technologies
- Facilitate and sustain the adoption of new technologies among development teams
- Consult with a variety of teams in creating requirements for new development work on existing technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert-level user of multiple course authoring tools
- Expert-level knowledge of accessibility, instructional design, program design, social & emotional learning
- Experience managing course lifecycle, from conception to decommissioning
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and developing high quality online and live learning experiences
- Working knowledge of web applications and platforms
- Ability to create user stories, specifications, and requirements that can be used to guide development or to create RFPs
- Demonstrated experience working with development teams to build new or enhance existing functionality in authoring tools
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and develop partnerships across a wide variety of people and groups
- Influences Others and Communicates Effectively: Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all audiences.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust and support of others.
- Manages Ambiguity: Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide to act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Being Resilient: Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from obstacles and setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
- Drives for Results: Has a strong outcomes-based orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of successfully succeeding goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Builds Effective Teams: Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mixes of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team. Creates a team that works well cross-functionally.
- Organizational Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on challenges of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes. Expands knowledge base through ongoing curiosity.
- 8+ years of experience in a learning & development organization, with at least 2 years spent managing and/or training users of authoring tools
- BA or BS Degree in educational technology, instructional design or related field
- Experience with web technologies, learning/content management systems, multimedia authoring tools, and assessment/evaluation tools
- Experience with MOOCs, micro learning, simulations, virtual reality, augmented reality, self-paced and video-based learning
- Experience consulting with both leaders and individual contributors, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and experience working as a strategic partner and solver of business problems
- Experience evaluating learning technologies
- Experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent projects, leading project teams and consulting on technology strategy in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with change management involving adoption of new authoring tool(s)
- Experience with methodologies such as Agile Project Management and Design Thinking
- Masters in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field
- Experience implementing learning technology within higher education