|Date Posted||May 4, 2021|
Rhode Island Hiring Event
Looking for a new career or PT job? Join us next Friday 3/26 at your local Advance Auto or Carquest location in the Rhode Island surrounding area to check out all of our retail career opportunities
When: Friday, March 26th
11am - 3pm & 5pm - 8pm
Where: Visit your nearest store location for onsite interviews and immediate hires for qualified candidates.
What: We are hiring for multiple positions at all of our locations. Positions include:
- Retail Part Pros
- Store Drivers
Full-time and Part-time positions available
Bring a resume and a smile!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
What is a Salesperson?
Entry level sales position capable of supporting the DIY business and achieve our sales and service objectives. The role has good knowledge of store systems, basic automotive system knowledge and basic part knowledge. The role has the basic ability to source from stores, hubs, pdq, and external suppliers. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Position can be part time or full time. Fleet safety certification preferred.
- Provide excellent selling experience for DIY customer visits and phone calls
- Achieve personal sales goal and help store achieve its sales goals
- Provide DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Maintain store product and operational standards
- Responsible for inventory processes including truck put away, shoot outs, cycle counts, Back stock, etc.
What is a Store Driver?
Entry level store position capable of supporting delivery of parts to commercial customers. The role has the responsibility to deliver parts to our commercial customers and assist with task and inventory processes in the store. This position can be part time or full time and must be fleet safety certified.
- Safely deliver parts to customers as needed
- Pick and stage parts for customer orders
- Pick up returns and cores
- Drop off weekly / monthly sales flyer
- Daily collection of credit accounts
What is a Retail Parts Pro?
Professional level sales position capable of supporting advanced functions of the DIY business. The role has expert knowledge of store systems, advanced automotive system knowledge and part knowledge. This role has the ability for advanced identification, trouble shooting and project assistance for DIY customers. The role has the ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Position is full time.
- Provide GAS2 selling experience for DIY customer visits and phone calls
- Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
- Manage DIY services including battery installation, testing, wiper installs, etc.
- Ensure high standards of customer service and store appearance standards
- Key holder responsibilities (task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)