|Published||November 23, 2022|
Apply to job
Research Scientist Intern - Mixed Reality and Computational Photography (PhD)
Apply to job
Location pin icon
Apply to job
Meta Reality Labs Research brings together world-class experts to develop next-generation systems for virtual, augmented and mixed reality experiences. Our Computational Imaging team is seeking innovative research interns to develop groundbreaking mixed reality and computational photography technologies. We welcome PhD students with strong backgrounds in Machine Learning, 3D Computer Vision and Graphics, in particular with research experience in 3D computational photography, computational imaging, or neural scene capture, reconstruction and rendering. Our internships are sixteen (16) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Research Scientist Intern - Mixed Reality and Computational Photography (PhD) Responsibilities
* Conceive and develop computer vision algorithms for 3D computational photography, neural rendering, computational imaging, etc.
* Collaborate with the larger Meta Reality Labs Research team and provide creative direction on the project.
* Publish research results in top-tier venues.
* Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in the field of deep learning, computer vision, computer graphics, computational imaging, or related technical fields.
* Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
* 2+ years experience with deep learning software libraries such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
* 2+ years experience with scientific programming languages such as MATLAB or Python.
* Past experience with cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
* Machine learning experience in computational photography, neural rendering, 3D reconstruction, computational imaging, or related topics.
* Broad understanding of the full machine vision pipeline from cameras to high-level algorithms.
* Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications in journals or at conferences, etc.
* Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].