|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
TRANSFR creates job-training simulations in virtual reality designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person's pace and skills while responding to their mistakes. We provide a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed on the job. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge, skills and abilities.
We are looking for a Product Manager to help bring new product lines to consumers in an engaging, functional way, while opening up fresh distribution channels and collaborating with other departments. Define new market verticals and segments, collaborate with industry pioneers, conduct extensive market research and synthesize product requirements to then build out a product roadmap. The Product Manager will work creatively and pragmatically to develop business cases and build compelling proposals to take new products to market. Knowledge of key demographics and an innovative perspective on product development are important in this role.
The Product Manager will work directly with industry experts, our customers, and our design and development teams to create and deliver quality virtual reality apps and training simulations that exceed customer and internal quality expectations on time and on budget.
- Define and prioritize product requirements for virtual reality apps and simulations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Market Fit Research team to define the product vertical(s) strategy and roadmap through demand analyses by identifying potential early adopters and industry influencers and conducting interviews.
- Identify improvement opportunities for the virtual reality apps by performing research in conjunction with the Engineering team and for simulations by collaborating with the Learning Sciences and Curriculum teams.
- Ensure customer feedback is evaluated and incorporated into products before and after launch.
- Coordinate and communicate both externally with customers and internally with team management and Client Services.
- Verify that simulations and other products meet industry expectations and provide the final approval for release to customers.
- Work closely with sales enablement, marketing, and development teams to ensure product line goals are met.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management (learning product/training experience a plus).
- Experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap.
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope product requirements.
- Experience working with agile engineering teams (preferably in gaming or virtual reality products).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence decisions and solutions at any level of an organization.
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards.
- Self-starter able to drive results in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data and creatively deliver solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a good sense of humor!
- Experience building products for virtual reality is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with academic institutions and industry leaders.
- Experience working in a fast paced, venture-backed SaaS startup environment.
- CTE / Workforce training or ed tech experience is a plus.
TRANSFR was founded on a simple premise, that anyone should be able to find a well-paying job that elevates their standard of living.
Our mission is to provide people with the skills they need to walk into interviews, impress employers, and get a job. Our partners are business and industry, workforce development agencies, higher education, and K-12 schools. We are proud of our ability to get people on a career track for jobs that pay well and provide benefits.
We are on a path to fulfill our mission to create a classroom to a career talent pipeline that will provide alternative pathways to career success for those for whom a university degree need not be the only path to success.
If you're looking to make a big difference for people, using VR-based immersive learning experiences to help them to get the skills they need to land a well-paying career, come join us at TRANSFR!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
At TRANSFR, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. TRANSFR is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Learn more at https://transfrvr.com