Principal Product Manager – VR Software Platform
|Published||March 12, 2023|
Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we're on a mission to Protect Life. We're explorers, pursuing society's most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you'll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
You aren't like everybody else. You aim a little higher. You reach a little further. Your experience is much broader than just a previous career or a few past jobs. You've been listening, learning, and paying attention to recent events which have demonstrated to you why building world-class technology for Public Safety is so important. You do more because it matters to you. And when it comes to looking for that next opportunity, you want to do work that matters to others.
At Axon, we build connected devices such as body cameras powered by an industry-leading digital evidence management platform. Our hardware, software, and training platforms bring security, efficiency, and transparency to law enforcement and are enabling us to truly change the world. The Axon business is growing rapidly and we are looking for a dedicated and proven Principal Product Manager to join our Virtual Reality team.
As the product lead for the Axon VR Platform team, you will work with VR and traditional technologies to conceive, test, and build the platform that supports all of Axon's VR experiences. The platform that you create will define the future of virtual reality use in Public Safety applications. We see leveraging the technology for training applications to be the first stop on our journey of possibilities.
You will join an interdisciplinary team that is tackling the biggest challenges in public safety training head-on, including immersive VR-based empathy and de-escalation training to help officers engage with the communities they serve with greater awareness and safety. We seek to revolutionize how training is implemented within public safety and we seek to accomplish this while abiding to the following guiding principles:
* Build VR Solutions for Social Good: With our mission to Protect Life, we develop VR solutions that benefit both law enforcement and the community, while addressing key issues in society.
* Empower Agencies with Data: Deliver ongoing data and analysis that provide agencies with key insights that enable them to make decisions that result in building better, more efficient, and positive programs.
* Develop an Active and Diverse Virtual Platform: Leverage the latest in VR technologies to create a robust portfolio of solutions and the highest-quality content, that enable users to be more effective in their roles and manage the challenges of 21st century public safety.
What you'll do
* Ownership of the virtual reality software platform including strategy, planning, requirements, and execution.
* Communicate directly with our sales team and customers at law enforcement agencies to understand their needs and workflows.
* Synthesize stakeholder requirements and rationalize against our company, product, and content strategy into actionable plans for the platform.
* Work cross-discipline with engineering, in-market product PM's, HW PM's, International PM's, content, design and sales to enable the right content with the right platform features, services, and SDK's.
* Liaise with our field teams to enable seamless deployments and help guide custom integrations when necessary.
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study.
* 8+ years of Product Management experience, with specific experience in platform development for training, gaming, connected hardware, IoT and web services.
* Experience building and shipping virtual or augmented reality enterprise platforms including backend systems.
* Ability to successfully lead and communicate with a cross-functional team domestically as well as engage directly with our customers in the field both domestically and internationally.
* Ability to generate platform vision and strategy based on interaction with customer and insights into the market.
* Great instincts on how to make the right tradeoffs, despite the lack of qualitative or quantitative data.
* Confidence and comfort working with high degree of autonomy, in a fast-paced environment.
* Periodic domestic travel is required, 15-20 days a quarter.
Benefits that benefit you
* Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
* Discretionary paid time off
* Robust parental leave policy
* An award-winning office/working environment
* Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
* And more...
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 140,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 260,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 210,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 510,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits.
Don't meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you're excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon's mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon's impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We're committed to hiring the best talent - regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances - and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.