|Published||September 25, 2022|
|Location||Palo Alto, CA|
About XR Lab
Tencent XR Lab is a creative team dedicated to exploring future XR technologies. You will work with a team of world-class researchers and engineers to build the next generation of hardware and software to bring new user experiences to VR/AR/XR products.
Location: Palo Alto, CA / Bellevue, WA
* Develop and implement optical metrology solutions for characterizing optical systems and components in AR/VR products, especially the VR headsets, display panel and the viewing optics.
* Define and develop the test metrics and procedures for VR optics characterization
* Develop benchtop prototypes for optical metrology
* Bringing up MP metrology solution by working with XFN teams and suppliers
* Perform statistical analysis on metrology data to correlate to performance metrics
* Explore novel optical metrology technologies and prototype development
* Bachelor's degree or above in Optical Engineering, Physics, EE or a related technical discipline with 2+ years of experience or equivalent experience.
* Hands-on experience in optical metrology development from concept to system validation.
* Knowledge of display optics, display and image quality metrics, color science, optical metrology and characterization.
* Experience in image processing and algorithm development
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Successful track records with delivering metrology for VR optics, such as display engines including Pancake lens and LCD/OLED displays
* Experiences of defining the display and/or imaging quality metrics for AR/VR applications
* 3+ years of optical engineering experiences in developing complex optical systems in the cross-function environments
* Proficiency in statistical data analysis using Minitab or JMP
* Proficiency in test automation using MATLAB, Python or C++
* Skills with design and simulation tools such as Zemax, CodeV, Lightools, or Solidworks etc
* Experiences of working with global suppliers to deliver the metrology equipment
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.