|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Be a subject matter expert in a fast-paced operational team responsible for responding to Incidents in high priority application services
- Participate in the effective Operations support of VMWare production platform
- Participate in the effective Operations support of NSX networking technologies
- Participate in the effective Operations support of Microsoft Windows Server platform
- Participate in the ongoing support of Optum’s internal cloud platform to ensure superior customer experience and availability expectations
- Provide scripted solutions to daily tasks using PowerShell, PowerCLI, Python and, other automation and scripting methods
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the environment
- Participate in implementing best practices, and improve the overall methodology of operational support
- Provide tier 1, 2, and subject matter expert systems support for production Distributed Compute platforms including VMware and Windows on virtual and physical hardware
- Assure 24/7/365 systems availability for compute platform and associated components
- Utilize VMware vRNI, vROPs, and emerging tools to diagnose and improve network performance in the virtual infrastructure
- Support the deployment and configuration of automation creating virtual networking
- Configure and monitor network security in a multi-tenant environment
- Monitoring integration with other software-defined networking technologies
- Support the effort in Improving customized provisioning using vRO, vRA, and NSX to automate and simplify tasks and administration
- Demonstrate a high level of skill in configuring, troubleshooting, and administering IT server virtualization and networking generally
- On-call/off-hours work will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 3+ years of experience working in large enterprise environments
- 3+ years of systems administration experience with VMWare vSphere/ESXi infrastructure in a large enterprise
- 3+ years of experience systems administration with Windows Server infrastructure in a large enterprise
- 3+ years of experience of experience in supporting key components of production systems in a cloud environment (private or public)
- 3+ years of experience supporting modern secure, scalable, highly available infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with PowerShell, PowerCLI, and other scripting languages for accelerating system administration of large groups of servers
- 2+ years of experience VMware virtualized software defined networks i.e., VMWare NSX-t, NSX-V and virtual distributed switches
- 2+ years of experience Ensuring network reliability and availability in a very large enterprise private cloud infrastructure including firewall and routing technologies
- 2+ years of experience utilizing VMware vROPs, vRNI and other tools for alerting and reporting
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience in information security and network operations
- Expert level of experience working with change control, incident management, problem management and IT policies in an ITIL driven organization
- Exposure to RHEL/CentOS virtual servers
- Knowledge of monitoring, testing methodologies, performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques in modern operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Engineer, Network Engineering, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote