|Published||August 1, 2022|
Job Description SummaryThe Multimedia/Extended Reality (XR) Technologist is a full-time position that provides operational support for XR initiatives at Husson University. This includes operation and maintenance of the virtual production system, interactive augmented reality environments, and extended reality equipment.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesTECHNICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, operate, and maintain LED wall, audio, and lighting systems.
- Set up, operate, and maintain motion capture and Unreal virtual production system (training provided if similar skills exist).
- Set up, operate, and maintain disguise and Blacktrax system (training provided if similar skills exist).
- Manage and maintain extended reality kit inventory of over 50 kits with systems like VR goggles, AR Glasses, Mocap suits, AR projection and virtual production systems.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will supervise work-study students and must carry out those supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Following daily and weekly management checklists Logging maintenance issues and creating RMAs.
- Maintaining studio and equipment distribution technical readiness at all times (productions, demos, R&D, etc.).
- Run boot procedures, ensuring peak working condition of the stage for creative technologists.
- Upkeep of labeling, storage, and organization for the readiness of all equipment. Assist with the organization of events, meetings, schedules, and budgets to advance the mission of the iEX Center and related programs and the University.
- Manage communication through multiple media (including but not limited to written text, verbal, email, video, and web).
- Prepare and coordinate purchases of supplies and materials for the department, requests for reimbursement, and other budget-related items approved by the director.
- Prioritize, manage, and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders to ensure quality assurance.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance, with the expectation of additional flexibility of hours during events that take place outside of normal working hours. Adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and ExperienceTECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Primary technical skills are related to LED systems, power, media servers, lighting, camera equipment, video infrastructure, audio, routing, and XR/AR/MR (training provided on specific systems if substantive skills exist)
- Experience in a live production atmosphere
- Strong oral and written communication skills to a variety of constituencies including students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing goals and responsibilities.
- The ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred (Multimedia, Communications, Video Production, Computer Systems, or Similar).
Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously stand, walk, and climb stairs. The employee is also required to frequently balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work overhead, lift and carry 75 pounds, talk, and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is also required to occasionally sit, crawl, climb, and use ladders (up to 12 feet in height), as well as push and pull equipment on wheels that weighs up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, , depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
This position may require the employee to use computers, hand tools, power tools, vehicles, and various other equipment as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
There is a risk of exposure to the following: chemical, mechanical, or electrical hazards; dusts, fumes, or odors; wet, humid, and/or cold conditions; high, precarious places; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally be required to work irregular hours.
Each employee shall use care in the performance of his/her duties and act in a manner that will assure maximum safety to themselves, fellow employees, and the public. All unsafe conditions, accidents, and injuries shall be reported immediately to the supervisor.