|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
We’re looking for a
Mechanical Engineer in the Fort Worth, TX who is excited about working on advanced facilities projects that enable the heart of our client’s business.
As a Mechanical Engineers you’ll utilize your skills as part of an integrated building services design. You’ll be responsible for providing system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external). We’re looking for you to take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned and engaged in complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team such as:
- Lead work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Prepare drawings and specifications detailing the system designed
- Lead project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Project scope will be mission critical / data center focused
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Processing RFI's and Change Orders
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building systems
- Perform and review piping stress analysis calculations
- Familiar with central plant design on the order of 20,000 tons of cooling for a data center site
We will look to you to work closely with clients, this will require some on-site assistance during startup, coordinating work activities with other design and engineering professionals. Our multi-discipline, highly interactive team will successfully deliver on the design, development, application, evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems and products for building HVAC and plumbing systems.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to act as a champion for our TogetherBeyond culture of caring at Jacobs. TogetherBeyond is our approach to living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mid- level professional experience for buildings-related design projects
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum 10 years HVAC experience in mechanical engineering environment
- Proficiency in Revit, 3D CADD
- Data Center experience
- Must be able to prove US Citizenship
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient with Caesar II or AutoPIPE
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.