|Published||September 21, 2022|
Apply to Job
Manager, Design Program Management - Virtual Reality
Apply to Job
Location pin icon
Los Angeles, CA | Burlingame, CA | Seattle, WA | Remote, US+ 3 more
Apply to Job
Meta's Design Program Management team has experienced rapid growth, giving you an opportunity to better define and guide the operations across a broad scope. You'll be expected to lead a team that can proactively define better ways to quickly communicate, collaborate across the Meta family of apps, and ship products using best-in-class tools and standards. In this role, you will lead a team of Design Program Managers that define and execute our Design Operations processes. Join a team of talented designers taking on the responsibility of delivering the best VR platform for the metaverse. We are looking for a natural leader and problem solver who can bring both flexibility and structure to a rapidly moving and evolving team. You will be directly responsible for aligning teams across functional lines, form strong partnerships and proactively identifying and solving complex operational gaps within an organization set on building best experience for all of our Quest devices. Prior experience with planning and tracking tools, Agile methodologies, and resource planning is highly desired.
Manager, Design Program Management - Virtual Reality Responsibilities
* Leverage relationships to inform problem solving and improve our design team's focus and velocity
* Manage design program managers (DPMs) that are supporting our design standards, design tools, design quality programs and the rollout, education and communicate of those tools and programs
* Manage and grow the DPM team to support product groups within a large platform team. Provide operational strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited design resources
* Choose highest impact opportunities and execute. Ensure we are resourcing both the short term needs as well as looking ahead and planning for the next big challenge across product design teams
* Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
* Partner with design leadership on large, complex problems and programs
* Experience in developing workflow standards and implementing planning & tracking tools, such as Jira, Asana, Rally, etc.
* 2+ years of direct people management experience
* Experience working with external vendors, including sourcing and negotiating
* 8+ years of experience in program management, operations, or related fields
* Budget management experience
* Knowledge of design process and strategy, including working with Agile product teams
* Experience building meaningful cross-functional relationships
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $168,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)