|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Facility: LaSalle Detention Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oversees the maintenance activities at a facility. Identifies maintenance needs and prioritizes work according to its severity. Supervises, guides, and reviews the work of maintenance technicians and/or resident workers of the facility. Performs more complex and difficult maintenance work at the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts inspections to determine the need for repair and to estimate repair costs. Schedules preventive maintenance for all safety equipment and systems. Maintains logs of pending and completed maintenance activities. Prepares progress, status, and other reports as required by the Assistant Administrator/Support and reviews maintenance department activities, performance and operations to determine departmental progress towards established goals and objectives.
- Reviews all maintenance issues at the facility. Prioritizes work according to the severity of the issues. May prepare cost estimates according to labor and material requirements when necessary.
- Assigns and inspects work of maintenance personnel. Coordinates the preparation of repair orders, equipment records, requisitions, etc.
- Logs, monitors, and controls the dispensing of all tools used in maintenance activities. Must be able to quickly determine whether any tools are missing. Responsible for the safe transportation of tools within the facility.
- Coordinates with other skilled professionals when assistance is required.
- May ensure compliance with applicable building codes, state, federal, national standards, corporate policy and other governing authority agents of the facility.
- Conducts more complex or difficult maintenance assignments and/or projects.
- Performs limited administrative functions such as evaluating subordinate personnel work performances and reports.
- Initiates and conducts subordinate training.
- Maintains accurate logs on all flammable, toxic and caustic materials.
- Attends staff meeting and conducts meetings with subordinate personnel regularly to ensure the operations integrity of maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.