|Date Posted||June 5, 2021|
At Thompson Construction we seek individuals who are eager to learn, grow and share in our core values. Since 1986 we have prided ourselves in being a company that is on the forefront of our industry. Join us today and realize your potential!
The Learning and Development Manager is an integral part of Thompson’s long-term success by growing our people and business. This position is responsible for developing and executing learning strategies that help our teammates reach their full potential. This role will partner with leadership and HRBPs to determine development needs and create the appropriate learning plans that align with business objectives. In addition, this position will be responsible for understanding current learning trends and how to best utilize technology to drive results.
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate high-quality learning content and programs using a variety of learning methods (eLearning, Instructor-led, virtual, simulation, gamification, microlearning, augmented reality, etc.)
- Partner with HRBPs and leaders to build and execute development plans for both individual and organizational needs
- Provide learning solutions for ad hoc requests from internal customers by understanding desired business outcomes and potential skill gaps
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of learning programs through surveys and analytics as necessary
- Partner with HR teammates to facilitate and create content for existing programs such as internship, leadership development, and mentoring
- Manage, organize, and increase utilization of the Learning Management System and other learning platforms
- Design sustainable processes to manage and report on required compliance training (Safety, Human Resources, IT)
- Create and lead an engaging onboarding experience for both in-person and virtual
- Partner and manage vendor relationships to ensure quality content and competitive pricing
- Remain current in adult learning theory and industry trends to provide the best possible solutions
- 3+ years creating, facilitating, and evaluating high-quality learning content via multiple delivery methods: virtual, classroom, microlearning, eLearning, etc.
- 3+ years coaching and partnering with internal customers to identify development needs and desired outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree (Human Resources or Business Management preferred)
- Prior experience utilizing or managing a learning management or HR system preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills enabling effective communication at all levels of the business.
- Candidate will be required to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.