|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2021|
Current WGU employees must submit an internal application before 05/06/2021 to be considered.
We are looking for a Learning and Assessment Technology System Administrator to drive our online learning and assessment authoring technology to improve our ability to author at scale. This Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring that our learning and assessment authors and our other systems can fully leverage these technologies. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the use of our learning technology solutions are appropriate, aligned, and effective.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serve as Administrator for newly implemented learning content and assessment authoring technologies
- Consult with course and assessment development teams on the use of these authoring technologies to determine best practices for use across multiple instructional needs
- Ensure efficient monitoring, triage/support, strong documentation, and proper test coverage on all authoring technologies
- Lead the strategy, roadmap, and toolbox for the authoring technologies in alignment with department and University strategies
- Identify opportunities to enhance, automate, and integrate with internal platforms and partner with internal groups accordingly
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for system development groups who are looking for ways to integrate other systems with the authoring technologies
- Serve as the initial point of contact for issues with the authoring technologies and escalate issues to vendors or supporting engineering teams when appropriate
- Facilitate and sustain the adoption of these technologies among development teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Management of multiple enterprise level online course and assessment authoring tools used at scale
- Management of course and assessment lifecycle, from conception to decommissioning
- Working knowledge of web applications and platforms
- Extensive knowledge of accessibility, assessment, instructional design, program design, social & emotional learning
- Expert ability to bridge technical and creative teams
- Creation of user stories, specifications, and requirements that can be used to guide development or to create RFPs
- Ability to ensure quality, multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with other departments and stakeholders
- Influences Others and Communicates Effectively: Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all audiences.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust and support of others.
- Manages Ambiguity: Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide to act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Being Resilient: Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from obstacles and setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences.
- Drives for Results: Has a strong outcomes-based orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of successfully succeeding goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Has a continuous improvement mindset.
- Builds Effective Teams: Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mixes of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team. Creates a team that works well cross-functionally.
- Organizational Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on challenges of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes. Expands knowledge base through ongoing curiosity.
- 5 years of experience in a learning & development organization, with at least 3 years spent administering one or more learning content and/or assessment authoring technologies
- BA or BS Degree in educational technology, instructional design or related field
- Experience with web technologies, learning/content management systems, multimedia authoring tools, and assessment/evaluation tools
- Experience integrating applications and platforms
- Experience consulting with both leaders and individual contributors, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and experience working as a strategic partner and solver of business problems
- Experience evaluating learning technologies
- Experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent projects, leading project teams and driving technology strategy in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with change management involving adoption of new authoring tool(s)
- Experience with methodologies such as Agile Project Management and Design Thinking
- Masters in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field
- Experience with MOOCs, micro learning, simulations, virtual reality, augmented reality, self-paced and video-based learning
- Experience implementing learning technology within higher education