|Published||November 22, 2022|
|Location||Marina del Rey, CA|
_People_ make games great. And at Survios, we know we can't grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world's premier game developer and publisher without them. That's why our most valuable investments aren't in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we're building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they're respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we'd love to hear from you!
Survios currently has an opening for a talented *_Lead Gameplay Engineer - VR_* working with Unreal Engine 5. We are looking for a talented, passionate, and self-motivated individual to lead a gameplay team working on a full-featured VR version of an in-development Console/PC game. The ideal candidate is a gameplay generalist with broad experience in gameplay systems, including experience leading development in areas such as VR gameplay and controls, Player Character Animation/Controls/Camera, Enemy Character Animation/AI, Physics, and UI. There is an emphasis in working with the broader team (including Designers, Artists, Animators, and Engineers) to build the best technology and games possible.
* Lead the design, implementation, and support of gameplay systems for VR.
* Create and improve tools to empower content creators.
* Profile, analyze, and optimize systems on all applicable platforms.
* Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game development.
* Create and execute long-term development plans and technical documentation.
* Lead, mentor, and review the work of other engineers.
* 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems.
* 1+ shipped titles on console, PC, or VR.
* Significant experience in Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
* Experience developing VR games.
* Proficiency in C++.
* Strong understanding of 3D mathematics, data structures, and algorithms.
* Experience designing and implementing multi-threaded software.
* Self-motivated, organized, and focused.
* Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors from all disciplines.
* Ability to create/execute long term development plans in collaboration with producers.
* Effective communicator and collaborator with contributors, leads, and directors from all disciplines.
*About Us: *
*_Survios_* is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we're dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Job Type: Full-time