|Date Posted||September 20, 2021|
Summary of the Position:
The Database Report Writer is responsible for database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and, management reporting. Utilizes various software and data mining techniques to generate reporting metrics. This position provides support to various departments throughout the company by collecting, storing, and analyzing data for the purposes of reporting based on the needs of end-users. Collaborates with various function teams such as sales, marketing, and finance to achieve business results. Additionally, Database Report Writer is familiar with a variety of software reporting tools, concepts, practices, and procedures. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for gathering, preparing and analyzing various data types for several business units within the company.
- Developing and maintaining reporting that supports company operations and decision-making.
- Create data dictionary entries for created reports or data stores
- Drive process improvements in the report and data mining processes used within the company
- Work together with other members of the Information Technology team to prepare data, administer tools, and provide user training when appropriate
- Communicate effectively with the Information Technology team as well as other departments within the organization
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Regular attendance is required
Prior experience as Database Report Writer required. A strong background in Sales and Distribution and/or Consumer Products is desired. This job requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates must be proficient with MS-Office products: PowerPoint, Word, and have advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with Business Intelligence systems within an ERP environment, SAP preferred. Prior experience required working with 3-dimensional data cubes, such as MicroStrategy, Cognos, SAP Analytical Cloud, or other Business Intelligence and Business Object systems. This individual must have a proven track record of working in a team atmosphere. The candidate must have a strong desire to learn and be able to work independently to accomplish tasks.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree is required in the field of computer science or another related technical field. Two to four years of Database Report Writer related experience.