|Published||September 17, 2023|
About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.Our legacy Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility in Clayton, NC is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. At IFP, you'll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
At Novo Nordisk, interns will have the opportunity to kick-start their careers by working closely with experienced industry professionals and gaining valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. For ten weeks, beginning May 20th, interns will be immersed in the environment of a global pharmaceutical company and contribute to the line of business by providing sustainable and meaningful project work. Our internship program also includes instructor led trainings, career presentations by senior leadership, and a guided mentorship program to offer professional and personal development.Interns will also be presenting their internship projects to managers and directors within each site at the conclusion of their internship.
The Virtual Reality Designer and Training Developer Intern will shape up the user experiences in the team by using all the possibilities offered by the 3D tools including augmented relality, immersion, oculus rift headset, and holograms.
Some experiences will remain in the virtual world while others will integrate into our reality. The 3D projects will offer simulation possibilities with scales, costs and risky situations that are impossible to approach in the real world such as simulation of our production lines in operation in both Aseptic Processing and Finished Production.
Due to the knowledge of the 3D tools, the Virtual Reality Designer and Training Developer Intern will be able to apply their design principles to create the 3D products and services of tomorrow and the experiences of their uses in recreated real conditions. They will be responsible for testing these tools to prototype and model these 3D experiences before launching their development.
- 0-5% overnight travel required
- Depending upon area of assignment:
- If assigned to a manufacturing area, you must have the ability to work in confined spaces, near operating equipment, and work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- If assigned to a support or office role, you must have the ability to work in an open office environment with extensive use of a computer keyboard, and frequent use of a telephone
- Conduct research, gather, and analyze data, prepare and/or review documents, reports and/or presentations
- Learn and support relevant processes, standards, and policies
- Learn the practical application of cLEAN (LEAN) practices in a manufacturing context, including participating in and assisting with systematic problem solving
- Work with, observe, assist and/or collaborate with and learn from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Apply and adhere to all Standard Operating Processes (SOPs), policies and environmental, health and safety requirements
- Support and learn processes, activities, relevant standards as assigned
- Meet and network with other interns
- Participate in team meetings
- Complete assigned trainings
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Education, Digitalization, or a related discipline preferred
- Conscientious self-starter with good organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, must be able to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams; must effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with internal customers
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we're life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.