|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
As Head of Hardware Architecture AR/VR Interactions Research at Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), you will define the architecture and design of next-generation end-to-end Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) systems and interactions concept prototypes. You will direct architecture across a dynamic cross-functional team including electrical, mechanical, firmware and software engineers. This role will be a key participant in Proof of Concepts (POC) or Proof of Experience (POE) system architecture decisions, be responsible for defining critical hardware systems and providing hardware engineering leadership and direction to engineering development teams, guide and enable ME, EE, and SW interaction collaboration, provide HW architecture support to various research or incubation programs. This role is expected to provide direct architectural leadership to various hardware teams operating in FRL Research & Product Interaction Research space.
- Define and own Research hardware system architecture for AR/VR devices.
- Guide hardware systems engineering teams in defining, designing, and developing hardware platforms for AR/VR research programs.
- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with product peers and engineering, research, business, design, and user research teams to help define research requirements and architecture.
- Direct architecture and design overall hardware engineering solutions for end-to-end future VR/AR devices and experiences.
- Lead across complex teams and projects towards planning, engineering and standing-up VR/AR POCs or POEs.
- Coordinate system design integration and POC/POE realization with Experiences, Design, ME, EE, FW, SW, Automation, Test and Calibration teams.
- Establish and conduct collaboration opportunities with external partners or resources.
- 15+ years of industry experience in hardware design or electrical engineering architecture roles.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Track record and demonstrated leadership experience in developing hardware and software technologies into research or consumer products.
- Experience thinking strategically and executing methodically in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Collaboration and relationship-building experience, working with all levels of management and individual contributors internally and externally.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying new ideas and novelizing approaches to system architectures, with a keen knowledge of industry leverage/trends/directions.
- Familiarity with AR/VR or wearable technologies.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].