|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is driving the industry forward by developing Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Products. The Hardware Technical Program Management team is responsible for driving development of AR/VR device hardware. As the Hardware Technical Program Manager, Product Design Engineering, you will be managing and growing an existing team of TPMs to drive delivery of programs across the hardware organization. This includes driving development of new technologies, product integration, end-to-end program management of hardware portfolio, development of the tools and processes necessary for reliable, on-time and high quality launches; and finally, ensuring teams across the organization are on track to deliver on long-term strategies. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects across multiple hardware teams, as well as building and growing an organization of TPMs. You will have a well-rounded technical background, with experience of developing consumer device hardware. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to manage the team, develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Responsible for people management of a Hardware TPM organization - hiring, developing and implementing organizational structure, delivering performance reviews, providing continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Work with engineering and product management leadership to define and revise the long-term strategy for the organization.
- Work with the team to develop end-to-end project plans, influence teams to deliver against them, and keep the org and leadership informed on progress.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work with engineering to ensure what we build has the right balance of cost vs. benefit, and focuses on addressing the highest priority partner team and customer needs.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years of experience with building and managing a global team of Technical Program Managers.
- 8+ years of experience in technical program management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Science, Physics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in growing organizations and developing a team culture.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of hardware development processes and best practices.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- 3+ years of experience working in engineering.
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping Consumer Electronics Hardware.
- Experience developing a Program Framework for Operational and Engineering Excellence (PDP process, NTI process, Product Design Process, etc.).
- Experience with large cross functional teams.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].