|Published||July 30, 2022|
Mackin Talent is seeking a Hardware Lab Support (AR/VR) to assist our client in either Sunnyvale, Fremont or Burlingame, CA. Your job will be to support a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers. You will be the point person in the technical spaces to perform and carry out operational tasks/projects within the technical spaces. The technician will help create and build standards with the technical spaces. The ideal candidate must have a sense of urgency, understand when to escalate situations, and build/maintain relationships with cross functional partners in a technical environment.
- Stock and have routine inventory checks for tools, consumables, hardware and chemicals stocked by our team
- Escalate new requests or projects to the lab coordinator or project manager
- Update equipment catalogue and consumables document
- Organize cables, projects, boxes, etc. within the lab space
- Support shipping, receiving, palletizing, or uncrating requests as needed
- Ensure safety compliance within labs by preventing daisy chaining, covering or removing tripping hazards, ensuring there is a means of egress etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment per request
- Ensure IP waste is sorted and thrown out accordingly
- Take measurements and support test fits as needed
- Provide hands on support for lab reconfigurations
- Partner with EHS to perform and alleviate safety issues
- Support lab walkthroughs and tours as needed
- Create operational standards and document processes
- Support asset auditing procedures
- Light duty builds and assembly of equipment and furniture
- 3+ years of operational support within a technical research or technical manufacturing space
- Proven track record of having a sense of urgency and being a problem solver
- Experience working with a team and working independently
- Experience conducting inspections, routine checks, and audits
- Basic knowledge regarding equipment utilities
- Ability to support a multiple projects while adhering to strict timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with CAD and technical space layouts - preferred
- Experience in providing solutions for optimization and improvements
- Experience with preventative maintenance on equipment - preferred
- Associate Degree
Mackin Talent offers an attractive benefits package which includes choice of major medical carriers like Aetna, Kaiser and BCBS, 15 days of PTO plus Holiday and Sick pay, paid volunteer hours, paternity/maternity leave and many more. We pride ourselves on our company values, the top one being that Relationships Matter. Come experience the Mackin Difference and our welcoming company culture with a focus on teamwork and family. Learn more about Mackin and apply online at MackinTalent.com.