|Published||July 29, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
The MLB Gaming & VR group drives the development, publishing, and licensing of Video Game and VR products for Major League Baseball. The group deploys a schedule of live events throughout the season at high profile games and events.
The Global Event Manager will collaborate with internal groups, MLB Clubs, and third-party partners to deliver unforgettable guest experiences and engagement. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Global Event Manager will drive the strategy, planning, and execution of live-event activations across the country, and around the world.
- Oversee live event planning and deployment for MLB Gaming & VR products.
- Interface with club and partner contacts to ensure effective third-party deployments.
- Oversee production of live and pre-produced video content, including live content streamed through Twitch, MLB.com and other key channels.
- Develop training and informational materials including documentation, video, and interactive collateral for guests, partners and staff.
- Work with league and site coordinators on health and safety to ensure a safe and enjoyable onsite experience for staff and guests.
- Manage event budgets, vendor agreements, invoicing, and reporting.
- Design and produce promotional items and premiums for use throughout the season.
- Monitor market trends, and upcoming innovations in the events, gaming and VR space to maintain a expertise in the category.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years' experience in event production - gaming and sports events a plus.
- Strong visual and experiential instincts to drive footprint design and branding.
- Tech native able to troubleshoot PC and console gaming environments. Experience with VR hardware and software a plus.
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate engagement with guests, staff, and internal parties in a dynamic, mobile environment.
- Vendor management skills with an ability able to build new and existing vendor relationships and work between multiple parties.
- Enthusiasm for a full schedule of Domestic and International travel.
- A passion for baseball and video games!
- Location: NYC office
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the "Major Leagues" of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy