|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Requisition ID: 23630
Posting Locations: Hanover
The Forklift Operator II is responsible for completing material movement throughout the facility and grounds by moving, loading, and unloading assets using a wide variety of material handling equipment at a proficient level (examples: forklift, pallet jack).
- Pulls specific vending and cold drink equipment to fulfill sales request needs.
- Ensures all Outbound loads are secured and safe by applying protective wrapping as needed and that the proper documentation is attached (STO).
- Loads and unloads trailers as needed to support delivery activities following CCCI SOPs by updating SAP, CONA via handhelds to ensure accurate accountability for loads Inbound and outbound to, from territories supported by Regional Operation Center.
- Performs all safety and housekeeping activities including but not limited to conducting pre-trip and post-trip checks, reviewing daily documentation for accuracy, and keeping the work area neat and clutter-free.
- Performs miscellaneous activities as directed, assist with equipment staging, and other movements as directed including junking of equipment and yard maintenance.
- Utilizes “switcher” to maneuver 53’ and pup trailers to the dock as needed.
- Comprehension of basic safety principles including proper lifting and use of personal protective equipment Advanced forklift skills (single-wide)
- Ability to efficiently, safely operate forklifts in a small area
- Pallet-jack skills
- Rudimentary mechanical skills
- Operate multiple pieces of simple machinery
- Simple tool usage
- Read and Follow written SOP’s or instructions
- Complete forms (handwritten and, or computer-based) to document activities and results
- Follow verbal instructions Intermediate math skills
- Thorough understanding of elements contributing to productivity
- Capacity to assess order building, loading workflow and choose optimum pick, load path
- Capacity to simultaneously manage multiple processes to support overall system efficiency
- Ability to consistently count received and compare to manifest with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to consistently load trucks following documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Possess strong communication skills
- Must be able to work in extreme (hot, cold) temperatures, noisy conditions, slippery walking surfaces and broken glass
- Infrequent lifting, moving product
- Occasionally lifting over 25 lbs. and rarely up to or over 50 lbs.
- Sitting for long periods.
- Frequent getting on, off of a forklift.
- Opening and closing truck dock doors.
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift, pallet jack certification.
- Switcher operation certification.
- Class A CDL where required.
- Previous experience in a logistics environment
- Understanding of truck, trailer loading strategies, and weight distribution principles
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment (Hot in summer/Cold in winter)
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.