|Published||May 19, 2022|
*About the Job:
We are excited to add a professional with Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality experience to the Education Department!*
This role is a critical position for the academic programs at our school and the person selected will be an expert in their subject area, AR/VR, and should be competent in Unity, C#, and other technologies related to Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
Our School offers a unique culture and environment consisting of enriching and rewarding work as well as career growth, all in the context of a collaborative community. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team where constant idea development, skill acquisition, and knowledge sharing are foundational.
The person fulfilling this role must be an effective classroom/student manager with the ability to be adaptable to a variety of situations and to relate well to students, other faculty, and the administration of the school. This person must also believe in and follow the mission and educational objectives of the school, maintain strong attention to the school policies and procedures, and always maintain a professional attitude.
****Location: This is a on-site position for those based in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK.***
* Teach according to the approved syllabi and approved curriculum.
* Conduct class in a professional manner including appropriate attitude, attire, language, technology, engagement and discussions.
* Maintain a professional relationship with students. Avoid fraternization including discussions of a personal nature.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ensure students have received a copy of the approved course syllabus on the first day of each course
* Inform students of the requirements and expectations of each class
* Teach courses in their subject area both online and/or on ground
* Assess each student’s progress and advise them of this progress on at least a weekly basis.
* Work with students who are taking classes to improve their knowledge or career skills
* Report to the Student Services Manager or Executive Director any problems that hinder student performance in class including academic, attendance, or behavioral problems
* Assess and provide students’ a progress report by reviewing graded assignments, projects, and other work
* Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field and the world of education
* Attend all scheduled meetings and in-service training
* Be familiar with the catalog
* Be familiar with and properly enforce the policies of the school
* Attend various professional growth activities to maintain qualifications
* Call and/or email students regarding their absences
* Maintain an acceptable retention rate in the course being taught
* Make decisions and solve problems
* Communicate with supervisors, peers, and students
* Develop and build teams
* Coordinate the work and activities of others
* Maintain educational documentation (i.e.: records, reports, notes, and/or files)
* Use motivational techniques in education
* Use interpersonal communication techniques
* Use library or online internet research techniques
* Establish and maintain professional relationships with students
* Requires sitting
* Requires public speaking
* Requires telephone and multimedia conversations
* Requires face-to-face and virtual discussions with individuals and teams
* Requires making decisions that impact the results of students, co-workers, and/or the company
* Requires meeting strict deadlines
* Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities
* Requires working indoors and/or remotely
*Education and Experience*
Minimally, the individual shall meet at least one of the following qualifications:
* Be a graduate of a recognized college or university and hold a baccalaureate degree with a minimum of 12 credit hours in a field directly related to the subject(s) the individual is teaching or,
* Have two years minimum full-time work experience within the last seven years in the field in which the individual is teaching or,
* Have a license issued by a state or the federal government in the field in which the individual is teaching, or
* Have a nationally-recognized professional certification in the field in which the individual is teaching, as approved by the Board.
* Unity & Game Development
* Augmented Reality Development
* Virtual Reality Development
Great oral and written communication skills in English
* Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
* Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
* Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
* Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
* Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
* Coordination: Adjusting actions in correlation to others' actions.
* Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
* Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
* Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
* Preference for Unity, C#, and AR/VR experience.
*Professional Judgement Consideration of Education and Experience*
The aforementioned requirements could be overridden if the school presents comprehensive, evidence-based documentation that the applicant has met other requirements sufficient to provide adequate instruction in the subjects being taught, as approved by the Board. A person may be “conditionally” hired under this provision and will not be considered an employee or be able to work in the compacity instructor until OBPVS approves/recognizes the applicant as meeting the Board’s faculty requirements. After Board recognition, the applicant’s status will change from conditionally hired to employed.