|Published||August 13, 2022|
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is driving the industry forward by developing Virtual and Augmented Reality Products. The Director for the VR Software TPM team is responsible for leading and growing the TPM team that drives development of our device SW, operating system and experiences for VR. The team has world-class engineering depth and capability. They are building the bedrock components for VR headsets, experiences, the ecosystem as well as a platform roadmap and a strategy for delivering on it. You will be driving development of the SW that powers the Quest line, New product launches, monthly SW releases, experiences essential to our VR headsets, operating system, processes necessary for reliable, on-time and high quality product integration; and finally ensuring teams across the organization are on track to deliver on long-term strategies. The VR SW TPM team needs a leader who is a great communicator and collaborator to drive awareness and buy-in across all levels of the FRL organization. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects across multiple software teams, as well as building and growing an organization of TPMs. You will have a well-rounded technical background, with experience with developing consumer device software. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to manage the team, develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Director TPM, VR Software Responsibilities:
- Responsible for people management of an organization - hiring, developing and implementing organizational structure, delivering performance reviews, providing continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Scale the organization to support multiple fast-paced product categories.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Work with engineering and product management leadership to define and revise the long-term strategy for the software organization.
- Understand Meta’s strategic and competitive position, deliver products that are recognized best in industry.
- Work with the team to develop end-to-end program plans, influence teams to deliver against them, and keep the org and leadership informed on progress.
- Perform risk management and change management on programs.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work with engineering to ensure what we build has the right balance of cost vs. benefit, and focuses on addressing the highest priority partner team and customer needs.
- Serve as an evangelist for the team and overall culture, both internally and externally.
- 10+ years of experience with building and managing a team of Technical Program Managers.
- Experience building and leading a technical program management organization through design, delivery and commercialization of consumer electronics devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in growing organizations and developing a team culture.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].