|Location||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Date Posted||June 9, 2021|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We have an exciting new Director position in Corporate Event Management and the person can be based in either Eden Prairie, MN or the D.C. metro region.
As part of the Corporate Affairs team, the Director of Capability and Delivery Management - Virtual Events will help define and transform the virtual events capability and delivery management function while personally managing the backlog of events with the support of other capability and technology resources.
The Director will be responsible for leadership across all corporate sponsored virtual events to ensure we are meeting stakeholder expectations, specifically planning and quality. This position will bring to bear strong leadership skills and other industry-critical practices to educate and better coordinate with peer groups on our virtual event initiatives.
The selected candidate will lead the delivery of our current events across UHG and Optum while building out the playbook, operational model, and capability for all events across Corporate with special attention to the large virtual events. This will require a high degree of collaboration with both our Corporate Affairs partners and our EUTSD delivery teams.
- Lead the definition and transformation of the virtual event capability
- Drive the delivery of critical corporate sponsored virtual events
- Ensure strong cross-collaboration practices across corporate affairs AND broader corporate and employee experience delivery teams
- Create optimized situational awareness across teams through a modern, timely, and effective communications approach
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in the technology profession
- 5+ years of experience driving large, complex, multi-organization initiatives as a Program and/or Delivery Manager
- 3+ years of experience leveraging Agile methodologies; or equivalent understanding of various delivery methodologies and when to apply them
- Demonstrated experience communicating and presenting information to Senior Leadership
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to flex level of detail as the situation requires
- Ability to establish trust, respect, and credibility at all levels
- Proven capacity to handle ambiguity
- Ability to define and shape organizational structure Technology
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Agile Certifications (PMI, SAFe, Scrum Alliance)
- PMI Certification
- Experience with Roadmapping tools such as Aha!
- Experience with Agile tools such as CA Rally
- Knowledge of Optum Technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Technology, Virtual Events, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, MN, District of Columbia, Washington, DC