|Published||January 15, 2023|
As Director of Software Engineering, AR/VR Interactions Research at Meta Reality Labs, you will lead technical and strategic direction across software platforms and systems of next-generation end-to-end Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) interactions concept prototypes. You will lead our software engineering teams, scale and grow leadership, and direct software systems and platforms across a dynamic cross-functional team including researchers, hardware and software engineers, technical program managers, and research product managers. This role will be responsible for driving strategy across our critical software systems and platforms to support various research or incubation programs. This role is expected to provide direct management and strategic leadership to various software teams operating in MRL Research & Product Interaction Research space.
Director of Software Engineering, AR/VR Interactions Research & Development Responsibilities:
1. Guide software engineering teams in defining, designing, and developing software platforms for AR/VR research programs.
2. Develop outstanding strategic relationships with product peers and engineering, research, business, design, and user research teams to help define research requirements and architecture.
3. Direct technical and strategic leadership in delivering software engineering and research platforms for VR/AR devices and experiences.
4. Lead across complex teams and projects towards planning, engineering and standing-up VR/AR POCs or POEs.
5. 5+ years of people management experience in multi-disciplinary global teams at the intersection of tech and product, including building performing teams and organization.
6. 10+ years of software engineering work experience, including 5+ years experience of hands-on technical management.
7. Track record and demonstrated leadership experience in developing software and software technologies into research or consumer products.
8. Experience thinking strategically and executing methodically in an entrepreneurial environment.
9. Collaboration and relationship-building experience, working with all levels of management and individual contributors internally and externally.
10. BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
11. MS/PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
12. Demonstrated experience in applying new ideas and novel approaches to system architectures, with a keen knowledge of industry leverage/trends/directions.
13. Familiarity with AR/VR or wearable technologies.
$253,000/year to $327,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].