|Published||June 19, 2021|
FUJIFILM North America Corporation consists of five divisions including Imaging, Electronic Imaging, Graphic Systems, Optical Devices, and Industrial Products and Corporate New Business Development. These companies market a broad range of consumer and commercial products in North America and Latin America. The Imaging Division (ID) provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services. The Electronic Imaging Division (EID) markets consumer digital cameras; the Graphic Systems Division (GSD) supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry; the Optical Devices Division (OD) provides optical lenses for broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television and binoculars. The Industrial Products Division (IPD) supplies cutting edge digital imaging and conventional film, chemistry and equipment to the NDT industry.
We are currently hiring a Chief Software Architect in our Rochester, NY office. The Chief Software Architect is responsible for leading the effort to define scalable, enterprise technology platforms that support dynamic business expansion in the imaging space. The Chief Software Architect will be responsible for working with senior software development personnel to define the architecture to develop the technological vision and the roadmap to achieve it. The role also collaborates with key Business team members as well as Customers to ensure business goals are incorporated into the technical vision.
The Chief Architect will establish processes to ensure effective software architecture and design practices are applied across all Software projects. In this capacity the Chief Architect has the opportunity to help mold the organization and establish new methods of work.
Develop and lead software platform and solutions architecture and design activities in support of business goals. Lead our software development team in performing the following activities:
- Be accountable for aligning our software platform roadmap with the business’ strategic vision.
- Lead technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise design platform direction.
- Lead the definition of technology platforms and technical vision in support of business expansion goals.
- Review, analyze, and develop architectural requirements for business-wide projects.
- Analyze and improve our software quality, including scalability, stability, and security.
- Establish teams/processes to research and prototype new concepts utilizing emerging technologies to bring innovation and excitement to our teams and our business.
- Periodically review code and lead systematic enhancements.
- Establish effective reporting mechanisms to provide the team and our senior leadership with meaningful data in support of reasoned business decision making.
- Identify and set clear goals for the Architecture team and create plans to achieve the goals.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to development team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Masters degree, including MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ relevant software development experience and 5+ years in a software architect capacity.
- Architecting, designing and developing scalable, multi-channel, multi-tenant enterprise solutions.
- Designing and implementing imaging-based applications.
- Implementing and/or integrating Content Management and Payment systems within an Enterprise platform strongly desired.
- Analytics and business intelligence solutions strongly desired.
- Micro-service architecture and continuous delivery strongly desired.
- Working with Business teams to align technical delivery with business needs.
- Working within an Agile software development process and teams.
- Collaborating with User Experience teams to design solutions that increase customer value.
- Applying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to practical applications preferred.
- 3-5 years’ direct supervisory experience.
- In depth knowledge of Enterprise software architecture and design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of various database technologies including Relational DB, real-time DB and NOSQL DB.
- Direct and relevant experience with implementing and/or integrating Payment processing and Content Management Systems.
- Experience working with frameworks for responsive design across mobile and web applications preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies including Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, and Virtual reality preferred.
- Strong business skills to complement the requisite technical skills is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding demonstration and presentation skills.
- Coaching and mentoring
- Drive for results
- Positive role model for the team
- Continuous learning
- Contributing to team success
- Innovation mindset
- Availability to travel 5-10% domestically
FUJIFILM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.