|Published||July 29, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
The MLB Gaming & VR group drives the development, publishing, and licensing of Video Game and VR products for Major League Baseball. Working from the MLB Headquarters in New York City, the Product Insights Manager will work with the Gaming & VR marketing team, MLB Research & Analytics group, first parties and licensing partners to develop data-based reporting and insights for key MLB Gaming & VR products. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Product Insights Manager is a hands-on role that will drive support the strategy, planning, and execution of new business opportunities for Major League Baseball.
- The Business Insights Manager will work with the marketing and data analytics teams to create, refine, and communicate data-based findings and reporting on MLB Gaming & VR products
- Work closely with data engineering team to drive insights on product performance, and develop interactive product dashboards
- Own and create internal performance reporting
- Develop techniques, strategyies and visualizations to optimize data reporting and drive business decisions
- Work with Marketing Managers and Business Intelligence groups to develop reporting and insights that will assist the group as a whole
- Aggregate retail/digital sell through of products on a weekly basis and identify trends with inventory and sales
- Lead new market exploration to understand market trends Develop competitive insight from industry trends and reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- An intimate familiarity with video game industry including console and mobile publishing
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in professional setting with focus on interactive entertainment preferred
- Bachelor's degree [Advanced degree or certification(s) is a plus.]
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and culture of the sport baseball is strongly preferred
- Ability to t translate quantitative data into strategic insight for high-level consumption
- Strong experience with data analytics and quantitative skills; these skills include familiarity with database structure and navigation, data queries, and creation of reports through various software and data visualization tools
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks while working with different team members and meeting all required deadlines
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
All in-office and ballpark-based positions are subject to MLB's mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy