|Date Posted||October 2, 2021|
We are spearheading the Digital Transformation of the business and the energy industry by delivering Augmented and Virtual Reality training solutions to multiple internal business units. Despite being a large company, our XR Lab team is lean and operates similar to a start-up. A Developer on our team will take a lot of ownership of their work and be self-driven to deliver functional and intuitive solutions to end-users with little VR exposure. You ll be expected to keep up-to-date with the current industry trends, and be excited to learn new workflows, and tackle new and big challenges!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Collaborate with the team to design effective training scenarios for the Energy Industry
- Be involved with QA testing the application and documenting & fixing bugs
- Participate in design & planning sessions
- Interface with stakeholders to document requirements for an application and faithfully implement the functionality required as described
- Excellent communication skills
- Develop software solutions using C and Blueprints
- Document features being developed, and techniques that were tried and rejected or implemented
- Be accountable.
- Embrace our culture of kindness and innovation.
- Solve complex software issues with human readable code
- 3-5 years previous experience in software development.
(Either 5 years of experience specifically in software development or 3 years of experience in software development in combination with an associate degree in an Information Technology related field).
- Bachelor's in computer science or related fields
- Ideally has a portfolio of work code samples, etc.
- Unreal experience is critical. Unity is also relevant, but Unreal is the engine used by this team.
- Experience rapidly iterating on product based on production-level user-feedback
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals (OO Design Principles)
- Experience with Source Control
- Exceptional team player with demonstrated competencies working cross-functionally to deliver results
- Experience with scaling to a large customer base
- Strong understanding of Vector Math and Calculus
- Disciplined debugging skills and tenacious problem solver
- Understanding of Agile workflows, JIRA, and Scrum
- Strong Understanding of C/C and Object Oriented Programming
- A breadth of experience building diverse software solutions (could be through independent projects, internships, advanced education in conjunction with additional industry experience).
- Significant familiarity and comfort in using IDEs. Knows short-cuts and frequent operations that speeds up development time.
- Deep and solid understanding of APIs. Have been involved in designing/building/implementing APIs in previous projects.
- Familiarity with a several frameworks. Resulting code is concise and easy-to-follow.
- Experience and ability to manage databases. Experience with and well versed in using database views, stored procedures, etc.
- Understanding of functional programming and how to apply functional concepts in any language. Quick to picking up a new language or adopting a more recent version of a language.
- Familiarity and ability to comfortably work with multiple platforms.
- Previous experience turning user stories into workable solutions, providing estimates to complete that work, and breaking down complex work into smaller components.
- Previous experience collaborating on a cross-functional team.
- Deep understanding of development cycle.
- Ability to debug and avoid future problems by building more robust solutions.
- Previous experience working in an Agile/XP environment.
- Shader / Material programming skills
- Python experience for internal pipeline tool development
- Applicable knowledge of the Energy Industry s terminology & tools
- Experience Shipping a product
- Experience with Source Control (Plastic SCM) we just require experience with source control in general, Plastic is not required
- Experience developing, performance profiling, and optimizing for Oculus Quest
- Experience deploying applications on the Oculus Quest
- Experience developing 3D Simulations for Mobile Hardware
- Experience with the Oculus SDK for Unreal Engine