|Published||January 9, 2023|
Russell Tobin & Associates is seeking an AR/VR Experience Prototype Designer to work onsite for our client at their Sausalito, CA location. This is an excellent opportunity to join a multinational technology and media company. Apply today for immediate consideration!
Job Title: Prototyper V (AR/VR Experience)
Duration: 12 months w/high probability of FT conversion
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 40hrs/week
Location: Sausalito, CA- ONSITE
All Candidates Must Submit A Portfolio For Consideration
RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This position will require the candidate to partner with our Creative Director, technical artists, research scientists, and engineers to create immersive demos that show how our state-of-the-art technologies can enable the future of AR/VR avatars. Our research team develops the technologies that will enable product groups to ship the avatars the world will see in 5 to 10+ years. You’ll work in small, nimble teams to rapidly iterate on digital character-focused demos and prototypes. You’ll be working as the “integrator” inside real-time engines (largely Unity but some Unreal) by bringing together the vision of the Creative/Art Director, 3D character assets created by technical artists, and innovative technologies designed by engineers. These demos are shared with the leadership to inspire and define a north-star for our future metaverse.
● Working onsite in our Sausalito, CA location is required.
● Partner with Technical Artists and Research Engineers to Integrate high-end character
models and rigs with state-of-the-art technologies into Unity/UE runtime AR/VR
● Assist with running, testing and troubleshooting the demos in a live lab environment.
● Work with the teams to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of new software and
hardware approaches to AR/VR avatars.
● Participate in ideation sessions with creative and technical peers to help plan and
troubleshoot the design of original character prototype demo experiences.
● 4+ years using Unity/C# to author high-end character-centric prototype experiences.
Alternatively, you have comparable technical/coding experience showing you can ramp
up quickly using Unity with C#.
● Character rigging expertise from VFX, feature animation, or games - preferably setting
up runtime as opposed to offline character systems. These include kinematic motion
systems, deformation systems, cloth and hair simulation.
● 3D Math fundamentals as applied to character systems.
● Solid knowledge working with 3D character asset geometry and materials that
encompass: body, face, cloth and hair assets.
● First-hand experience with industry production processes and cross-discipline
collaboration and communication.
● Comfortable taking direction, yet also working independently, multi-tasking and
self-prioritizing to help various teams meet goals in this quick-moving, highly
● Knowledge of Maya and/or Blender as it pertains to character rigging and deformation.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or
Computer Animation, including coding and scripting in various languages
● Previous experience in the creation of interactive VR & AR experiences
● Strong math background a plus
● Strong grasp of basic human/character animation principles, kinematics & physics
● Experience with real-time body tracking, mocap and related
Russell Tobin & Associates offers benefit options to our employees after 60 days on assignment. Apply today for immediate consideration!