|Published||November 16, 2022|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Multimedia Systems
Qualcomm is looking for an experienced Power Modeling Engineer who is passionate in solving power challenges and develop innovative solutions for optimizing power for next generation Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) SoCs. Working as part of a AR/VR system architecture team this engineer drive power modeling and optimization projects across Qualcomm's AR/VR SoC roadmap.
• Working with a cross functional team to understand AR/VR use case requirements, dataflows and HW/SW partitioning
• Develop novel power optimized architecture designs
• Lead Implementation of power models for multimedia and other compute IP cores
• System level power analysis of various complex use cases
• Work with the HW and SW teams to verify implementation of power features, and validate power at various design steps
• Work with multiple teams during commercialization to correlate power and meet power targets
• Master's or Doctorate, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the following areas is preferred.
• Experience working with power analysis, optimization or modeling at a detailed level.
• Experience with multimedia technology and IPs (Camera, Video, Computer Vision, AI accelerators)
• Knowledge on hardware and software factors affecting SOC power. (power impact from use cases, architectures, power saving features, firmware/software algorithms, operating frequency and voltage modes)
• 10+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 6+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 5+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Systems Engineering or related work experience.
*Works in the lab, can use hazardous chemicals (e.g., glue, machinery).
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr\_public\_article\_view&sysparm\_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
**To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies** : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
**EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.**
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\_files/employers/poster\_screen\_reader\_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP\_EEO\_Supplement\_Final\_JRF\_QA\_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\_%20English\_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee\_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster\_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave\_ENG.pdf