|Date Posted||June 6, 2021|
Leidos is in search of a 3D Artist to join our studio with an existing team of artists, programmers, and designers in creating “cutting edge” Virtual Reality (VR) and PC advanced training for the United States Air Force. Our client is a visionary leader that is bringing VR and digital training to the forefront of Air Force technical and specialty training for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) analyst and operators around the world. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your proven AAA industry experience to create stunning photorealistic digital art for the U.S. Air Force training.
As a 3D Artist, you will develop photorealistic digital assets optimized to run in real time in modern game engines. You will adhere to standard industry workflows and best practices such as accurate high-poly modeling, low-poly modeling and unwrapping, normal map baking, and Physically Based Rendering (PBR) texturing. You will collaborate with an experienced art lead and creative director to create assets that look realistic in both PC and VR settings, achieving first class results in a framerate efficient manner. You will be required to create digital models that will include but not limited to military aircraft, weapons, vehicles, communication equipment, environmental elements (trees, sky, water, landscapes.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience OR 10 years of relevant experience with no degree.
• 5-10+ years of direct experience with Unreal Engine in either the video game industry, architecture, advertising, film, or simulations on shipped products with concrete examples of your work.
• Experience creating digital art on at least 1 AAA game titles as a production artist (or equivalent experience).
• Must possess a strong hard surface, mechanical, and environmental modeling skillset.
• Strong workflow experience and understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) in creating realistic shading/lighting models along with measured surface values to represent real-world materials accurately.
• Strong knowledge and experience utilizing industry standard software: Maya, Substance Suite, ZBrush (Maya is our primary toolset, but 3DS Max or Blender is also acceptable).
• Knowledge of standard game art pipelines including high/low baking processes, as well as modular environment art construction.
• Motivated, self-directed, personable, strong verbal communication skills.
• Experience using Perforce for source control and JIRA for task management.
• Strong work ethic that strives for continuous process improvement and production efficiency.
• Experience maximizing performance in VR a big plus.
• Experience with photogrammetry content pipeline a plus.
• Ability to obtain security clearance (requires US citizenship).
• Ability to work in a dynamic cross-functional environment in a 100% teleworking environment.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Visual and Graphic Design
Pay Range $57,200.00 - $88,000.00 - $118,800.00