|Published||August 13, 2022|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Meta’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. People at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can build products and experiences that span the full potential of augmented and virtual reality.Come be a part of Meta’s VR organization as a 3D artist building world-class products that push the limits of virtual spaces. We are focused on building people-first experiences and believe that VR will help define the future of online interaction. As a 3D Art Generalist, you will effectively collaborate with a wide range of disciplines such as product design, engineers, producers, product managers, and art direction to ideate, improve art pipelines, and build assets to define the future of VR.
3D Art Generalist, VR Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with the engineering and design teams to define and develop prototypes and polished content in Unity, Unreal, VR Shell, and proprietary VR world-building tools.
- Oversee and manage layout, implementation and optimization of environment and interactive objects (including models, textures and shaders).
- Manage external vendors and provide feedback on externally developed projects.
- Responsible for outlining asset authoring guidelines, process and pipeline as needed.
- Work with engineers and technical artists to inform asset creation pipelines.
- Asset optimization -- topology reduction, draw call reduction, texture baking, etc.
- Work closely with engineers to implement interactive objects and systems.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional peers.
- Collaborate and iterate based on the team's needs.
- Demonstrate broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing in alignment with schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- 3+ years of experience in either the game or film industries as a 3D artist.
- Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers.
- Experience with one or more commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity).
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
- Time-management and organizational skills.
- Task driven, self-motivated, proactive & works well under deadlines.
- Generalist knowledge in skills such as modeling, texturing, lighting, animation, physics and particle systems.
- Experience to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Professional content development experience, including shipping one or more titles.
- Virtual reality experience.
- Experience creating textures and materials in Substance.
- Look development experience.
- Experience working in a variety of visual styles.
- Experience to locate and resolve content and asset performance bottlenecks through investigation and content optimization.
- Shader development experience.
- Experience in layout and level design.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].