|Date Posted||December 8, 2017|
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The position will be providing SETA support to the naval S&T enterprise through the Office of Naval Research (ONR). The candidate will be required to provide S&T technical, analysis, and management expertise capable of supporting human performance and immersive training mission areas for the Naval Expeditionary and Irregular Warfare. The primary tenants of the mission are to:
- Advance Scientific Knowledge - Advance the state of the art by executing world class basic and applied research and advancing technology development programs.
- Transfer Scientific Knowledge - Expand customer capabilities through development of mission relevant S&T products and intellectual capital.
- Impact Future Concept Development - Inform new operational concepts and influence requirements in coordination with combat, materiel, and technology developers.
The projects managed by ONR are commonly of national significance with potentially strategic impacts for U.S. and coalition forces and are critical to ensuring the success of our Naval Expeditionary forces in the battle space of the future. Because of the nature of the tasks performed under this task order, a special awareness of military protocol, operational utility, emerging technology, and program management are required. Tasks require strategic collaboration at senior levels among military, governmental, industrial and academic communities in order to ensure maximum practical return on investment.
- Review industrial technology, concepts, programs & investment areas related to S&T programs.
- Assist with analyzing & assessing industrial technology, concepts, programs & investments in areas specifically related to program objectives. This includes reviewing white papers & proposals submitted in response to BAAs/RFPs in an advisory (non-voting) capacity.
- Research emerging strategic visions, doctrine shifts, and technology forecasts relevant to the operational employment of forces as they relate strategic implications on ONR investments. This includes associated S&T investment analysis (gaps, balancing portfolios) from operational capabilities perspective.
- Assist with development of technology roadmaps focused on incorporating program technologies into existing or planned acquisition programs. Assist in the development of alternative S&T project priorities, goals & objectives.
- Assist with development of transition plans for technology products to engineering development & deployment in the Operating Forces.
- Assist with planning, conducting, or reviewing focused studies, wargames, or operational analyses to justify or validate technical or budget decisions related to S&T program objectives.
- Assist with reviewing, identifying & assessing emerging requirements, technologies, capabilities, concepts, tactics of interest, & possible teaming relationships in areas related to ONR’s objectives for selected technology programs.
- Assist in studies & evaluations of the strategic positioning of a portfolio of related ONR programs with respect to the investment mix & customer alignment, & conduct a sensitivity analysis of the portfolio.
- Prepare Investment Balance Reviews (IBR) and assessments, with knowledge of the Navy Human Research Protections Program (HRPP) requirements.
- Assist in evaluating technical progress & plans in S&T programs, make recommendations for coordinating, augmenting, changing emphasis of, or broadening scope of, S&T programs as a result of visits, attendance at meetings, & general surveys of relevant technologies.
- Support transition of S&T technologies by preparing information & documentation required to describe & implement the technology; identify & exploit opportunities to describe & publish in appropriate publications.