|Date Posted||August 9, 2018|
The applicant for this position will work with Technical Operations Engineers to develop a pilot of Virtual Reality Glasses to support the build of electronic assemblies. The intern will have an opportunity to work with the equipment manufacturer’s development software tool and will be programming in JAVA. There will be opportunity to work with potential users, manufacturing experts and interface with the manufacturer of the equipment. The intern can establish a schedule with the project leads and all work will take place at the Greenlawn, NY campus of BAE Systems which is located near the Long Island Railroad train station. A co-op candidate will be considered.
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizen who is a student working toward a degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology or a related field.
- Past experience documenting the developed code
- Willing to learn how to write a sample work plan that explains how to perform an assembly operation(s) including photo aids and bar codes
- Demonstrated ability to write usage instructions for both the technical code and the user community.
- Strong written and verbal skills and desire to work with both the programming as well as interfacing with the design team.
- Familiarity with Virtual Reality
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression