|Date Posted||March 15, 2018|
- Accountable for defining the requirements automation strategy and technical direction
- Evaluates and recommends automation solutions and tool sets
- Provides technical leadership and oversight for delivery of automation for client and product releases on the QA Roadmap
- Designs, develops and supports the automation framework, coding standards and common code
- Generates automation scripts that support the regression test harness
- Develops programs that validate core business rule engines
- Implements a repeatable automated smoke test for validating environment installs
- Testing Software: Selenium, TestNG, Appium , BrowserStack, Blazemeter/JMeter, etc
- Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Bash or similar
- Other tools: Jenkins, Atlassian (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
- Libraries - ImageMagick, OpenCV
- Fluent in industry best practices and standards in the test and automation disciplines
- Past track record of delivering practical, in-use automation deliverables
- Effective programming and design skills
- Experience with structured test case design and testing lifecycle principles
- Must possess clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a proactive approach to assigned responsibilities.
- Must be self-motivated and dedicated to the achievement of organizational
- Must be willing to learn from/teach other team members in support of furthering the testing process.
- Must be able to “investigate” project requirements.
- 3+ years of hands on expertise in Selenium and/or Java development. Experience in developing Selenium automation framework from scratch.
- Hands on experience with MySQL, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Appium
- Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development.
- Experience and comfort working in Agile work environments
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in creation of automation testing strategy and automation design document.
Responsible for technical expertise and/or leadership of a work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies; may communicate & translate functional/operational goals into team goals; manages implementation of policies and procedures; typically reports to a (Technical Manager) Band 6.
Individual Contributor Role
Functional Expert: Acts independently or member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives.
Manager of Projects: Responsible for all aspects of the development & implementation of more than one large project and provides a single point of contact for those projects – original concept thru final implementation.
Decision Making Authority
Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Line of sight 1 to 3 years.
Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Knowledge and Skills
Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Generally requires minimum of 6 yrs experience in same or related discipline.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.