|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
|Date Posted||April 17, 2018|
The Supervisor is responsible to manage, direct, and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the VR venue, providing daily support to the Game Masters; in support of VR Manager. The Assistant Manager will also perform Game Master responsibilities when volume warrants. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Grand policies, practices and procedures.
- Supervise the Virtual Reality Experience venue employees on a shift basis and assume full responsibility for the department in the absence of Manager.
- Own all requests and complaints; respond and resolve issues immediately; escalate to upper management as necessary.
- Preform various tasks assigned by the Manager and work directly with guests as a Game Master when volume warrants.
- Perform various Human Resources responsibilities for the VR venue including applying progressive discipline when appropriate, training, recognition, compliance with company policies, and legal requirements.
- Provide a positive, empowering, and productive work environment through setting an example and consistency of daily work habits and standards.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectifying any deficiencies.
- Conduct on-shift meetings with staff to review all information pertinent to the day’s operation.
- Maintain, update and troubleshoot POS, booking and VR system.
- Attend and/or schedule meetings with other departments or within the department as required or necessary pertaining to venue.
- Oversee cash handling procedures and daily operations
- Monitor daily staffing levels to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes guest service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Identify, troubleshoot and record technical issues.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of experience in operations/leadership role.
- Ability to self-manage while consistently exercising good judgment and maturity.
- Ability to think critically; research, recommend and implement solutions effectively.
- Ability to anticipate situations, tools needed, and obstacles through critical thinking and review of business performance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.