|Date Posted||April 11, 2019|
Our teams imagine the most extraordinary vacations, collaborating together to bring them to life. Our mission is to disrupt the cruising industry by creating & building the most innovative cruise ships and reimagine our award-winning fleets. Our drive is to innovate and challenge the status quo.
Responsible for launching BIM as a new tool within shipbuilding industry based on strong process, and proven record of efficient use. Also, primarily manages all use of 3D, BIM and Virtual Reality (VR) technology systems, as integral tools used for architectural and interior design coordination work within Newbuild & Fleet modernization projects. Plans effective use of 3D, BIM VR technologies to achieve required design goals. Develops new methodologies and guarantees best technical expertise on VR simulation discipline. Further ensures efficient functionality of all 3D, BIM VR across department and external consultants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Stay current & well informed of all new BIM, 3d and VR technologies & tools and advice on relevant technology aligned with strategic goal for future of Virtual Reality within the company. In so doing, evaluates new technologies and advises the organization about new simulation procedures development in BIM, 3d and VR Area.
- Supervises the implementation of all new BIM, 3d and VR Technologies & Tools. Supervises, implements, and approves all virtual reality work done to support architectural and interior design intent which represents the voice of the Executive Steering Committee and Brand Think Tank.
- Prepares strategic planning BIM, 3d and VR work for each platform. Plans out how to best support each integrated design need using VR technologies.
- Supports project team spotting architectural design coordination issues across multiple phases of the design process, and learning best practices.
- Independently leads creation of BIM, 3d and VR simulations through collection of wide range of drawing sources from various colleagues, to analyze, coordinate and convert into BIM, 3d and VR simulation tools. BIM, 3d and VR simulations to be used to proactively coordinate design, troubleshoot design coordination issues, and focus on seamless transitions and design standards. BIM, 3d and VR simulations also to be used as an active tool for design decision making, including at an Executive level. Independently handles trouble shooting, consulting team leader as necessary.
- Guarantees common methods and process between different internal and external BIM, 3d and VR leaders, including architects, designers, and shipyards. Ensures software, hardware, and usage standardization.
- Establishes filing standards for ready access and maintains computer filing system of drawings from shipyard, in-house-design team, outside architects and consultants
- Upholds SQM practices throughout all design phases.
- Manages the creation of VR presentations for design management and occasionally Executives.
- Possesses cost consciousness in all aspects of work and takes ownership for importance of timely delivery of all design materials or presentations.
- Plans and implements technology upgrades to keep BIM, 3d and VR rooms up-to-date with advancing technology. Deals with technology and software suppliers
- Evaluates new technologies and advises the organization about new simulation procedures development in VR Area.
- Accelerates product development processes for meeting customer requirements
- Communicates with each BIM, 3d and R site and apply standard methodologies to each.
- Develops team resources (people, processes, tools) to manage large scale projects. Independently plans, manages, guides design, and oversees projects, while cross coordinating and sharing best practices effectively between external architectural, interior design and consultancy firms, guiding the design they provide.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Manages 3D systems in range of $3 mil or greater.
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural Design or equivalent, with a specialization in 3D, BIM and ideally in VR.
- Minimum of 7 years of Architectural Design, including, at least 5 years managing significant 3D and VR projects.
- Minimum of 5 years in a managerial position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge must be highly experienced with BIM, Revit, 3ds Max and experienced with AutoCAD release 2013 or higher and 3D modeling techniques, especially SketchUp
- Bonus skill sets would include: Maya, Cinema, Cheetah3D, Modo, Lightwave, Blender
- Proven knowledge of the latest VR Technologies. Expertise in Virtual Reality simulation and virtual prototyping.
- Knowledge of VR software including DeltaGen experience.
- Experience in Virtual Reality hardware, setup, and uses
- Knowledge of other computer graphics and immersive hardware
- High knowledge of architectural design development
- Thrives in an innovative, forward thinking and collaborative environment.
- Works on multiple projects, and multiple tasks under various team members.
- High level of Problem solving providing effective solution to design team
- Team Working, Project Planning and high Communication skills
- Leading change skills and high Proactivity
- Organizational and time management skill
- Must demonstrate high proficiency with spelling, grammar and the use of the English language
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present info and respond to questions from group leaders & executives
- Ability to work with external organizations and shipyards of multiple cultures
- Must be able to work in the metric system
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically 25% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- The work environment is inside the office.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.