|Date Posted||February 21, 2019|
Field Mapping Engineer responsible for the 3D/2D mapping of environment to support robot and customer Virtual Reality monitoring. This position will map physical space and translate to map in 2D and 3D mapping for robot pathways. Will also be tasked with creating Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality of environment utilizing robotic mapping techniques.
This will support the Customer Support team to optimize robot utilize and enhance customer experience.
- Upgrade current robot guidance system transferring 3D data points to 2D mapping
- Understanding and utilization of Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
- Defining and mapping environmental objects and pathways
- Developing and programming innovative automated strategies
- Interact and collaborate with cloud-based software solutions team for data collection and analytics
- Bachelors degree, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years experience
- Experience with 2D/3D design
- Experience designing Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality (gaming preferred)
- ***Ability to work in a multi-task environment
- Experience working in Linux
- Experience scripting language integration
- Experience working in Cloud environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with software engineers and test engineers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.