|Date Posted||January 26, 2019|
Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Cincinnati company to locate a Virtual Reality Developer for a contract-to-hire position.
- Working in a small project-oriented development team to create custom AR and VR experiences for enterprise use cases (engineering, biomedical, marketing, training, etc.) in Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Collaborating with other developers and clients to evaluate project needs and come up with clever solutions
- Setting up virtual environments for a wide range of AR or VR scenarios, depending on the project type
- Implementing user interfaces based on mockups and storyboards
- Crafting intuitive user interactions for both novice and experienced users
- Writing well-documented, reusable code in C++, C#, or other languages as necessary
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participating in project planning and team code reviews
- Keeping up with the latest trends and advancements in augmented and virtual reality
Required Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with standard AR and VR hardware, software, best practices, and design patterns
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrix multiplication, quaternions, etc.)
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and coding best practices, especially in C# and/or C++
- Knowledge of game engine concepts such as lighting, shaders, materials, meshes, scripting, etc.
- History of working collaboratively on multi-person teams with source control and (ideally) issue tracking
- Creativity in finding solutions to abstract design problems, particularly with respect to translating real-world concepts and interactions into VR
- Capacity to prioritize tasks through self-directed time management and organization
- UI/UX ability and experience a plus
- Nice to have: general familiarity with industry-standard 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Substance, etc.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Samantha Clements at Interactive Business Systems [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]).
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.