|Date Posted||December 21, 2017|
What You Will Do:
As part of a grant funded project through the University of Maryland, College Park Blended Reality Center, the designer will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of AR&VR program at the R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center. This includes working closely with the research designer to develop and test various applications of AR and VR for medical use and training. The designer will have a direct reporting relationship with the manager of Training and Simulation for the STC. Through this partnership the designer will maintain the AR/VR laboratory and run AR/VR simulations for medical and other personnel. In addition, the designer will work with the UMBRC Computer Science Team in College Park to develop software, applications and games for the Center.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Support AR and VR hardware, including HoloLens, Oculus and other systems
- Manages all aspects, including daily operations, of the AR/VR laboratory.
- Help make decisions about obtaining new equipment and software
- Coordinate with the Simulation Center at STC to set-up and administer clinical experiments, demonstrations, and seminars.
- Support AR/VR software by becoming expert in existing applications and games potentially useful in healthcare and training of healthcare professionals
- Coordinate with the Computer Science team at the University of Maryland College Park, with a focus of expertise in the user experience
- Partners with the manager of training and sim for scheduling and use of AR and VR technologies in simulation lab.
- Collaborates with C-STARS, MASTRI and the UMB Schools on research and development, curriculum and program administration
- Assists in all strategic planning teleconferences, conferences, and meetings associated with improving the program.
- Assists with basic website development and maintenance, post content to an existing site, help to develop fun interactive educational tutorials, help produce and post teaching videos
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus in art, game design, psychology, or computer science preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Virtual Reality Gaming or Augmented Reality required.
- 3-5 years of experience with film making, video editing preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with web site development, you-tube videos, or phone application development preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires the knowledge of curriculum development and conference planning.
- Demonstrated highly effective communication skills, able to work well with a variety of people
- Able to work well in large and small groups of people
- Skills in film making, web site design, phone application development, able to understand complex media, and knowledge of graphic design
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.